The Tenino Caboose Project
Partner with us and The City of Tenino to restore and maintain the Tenino Railroad Caboose that was purchased at auction from its previous home at the Country Village Shopping Center in Bothell and has been sitting in storage at the public works building in Tenino. The Tenino Caboose began its service in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, November 1923. Built by the Great Northern Railway in their own shops, it was one of 47 built in that year, but later retired in 1967. The X549 caboose is 25 feet long, red with black trim and features the Great Northern logo.